30 people bested this!
1 person is curious.
On Little Big Star...
Sam was initially dubbed as the Singing Crush ng Bayan. Towards the grand finals, he was voted with "My Favorite Star" award for having the most number of text votes, which comprised 52% of all the total votes. Sam sang I Can't Stand Still from Footloose the Musical, the highly successful musical produced by STAGES, during the grand finals. He eventually won the title, "The Brightest Star," over equally talented kids.
On His Various Achievements...
- Won his ETK Male Crush ng Bayan award just 2 months after his first exposure on Little Big Star
- Candy's Cutie No. 11 in the Regular Cuties list for 2005. [September 2005]
- Candy's No. 1 Celebrity Cutie over a hundred other nominees for 2006. [September 2006]
- A record-breaking 40% of all the total votes in the said "Pinoy Wannabe" award
- 36.6% of the total votes for 2006 K-Zone Awards
- 93% of all the votes for the Supreme Teen (Favorite Teen Star) category
- Ranked 81 in the 2007 Pinoy Celebopedia's 100 Most Powerful Local Celebrities category
Samuel Lawrence Lopez Concepcion, more widely known simply as Sam Concepcion was born on October 17, 1992. His parents are Gene and Raymund Concepcion and has three siblings, Sam’s older brothers Kuya Red (22) and Diko Kevin (21), and younger sister Gabby (11). Like other members of his family, Sam is musically inclined. Sam started singing and dancing at the age of two.
When Sam was five years old, he performed a worship cantata, which soon earned him the role as the young Jose Rizal in Sino Ka Ba, Jose Rizal production. While playing the part of the said character he was discovered by his current manager, David Cosico. Sam’s manager urged him to join Trumpets Playshop, an acting workshop to hone his skills in singing, dancing, acting, and hosting. At the age of nine, Sam was already an accomplished performer and stage actor. He played Edmund in the stage production of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. His musical influences include Gary Valenciano, Michael Jackson, Usher, and his Kuya Christian Bautista.
Sam had many TV appearances in the past, including his widely known commercial with his dad as the rapping kid in Maggi Sinigang sa Miso. He also appeared in children's shows such as Sineskwela and Hirayamanawari. While making TV appearances, he was still active in theater, performing in productions including Peter Pan and the Time Machine, Ragnarok, and Mr. Noah’s Big Boat. Aside from acting, Sam also has a regular hosting stint in ABC-5’s A.S.T.I.G. (All Set To Imitate God), a show that tells stories about God and worship. Sam has also guested in fellow Trumpets Playshop talent and multi-awarded recording artist Christian Bautista's concerts, namely Heartfelt and Color Everywhere.
Sam Concepcion's arguably biggest break happened when he decided, with a little push from family and friends, to join Little Big Star, a singing competition in ABS-CBN, searching for young talents. He was frequently awarded as the Texters’ Choice and has been known as the Singing Crush ng Bayan from the start of the competition. He eventually won the search, earning the title as The Brightest Star. With the help of the competition, Sam Concepcion's fanbase had formed, which has been collectively called as Samsters.
Prior to his winning in Little Big Star, Sam was offered endorsements and projects. He now endorses Bench Tweeners, a clothing line for preteens under the label Bench. He has also appeared in several magazine covers and features namely K-Zone, Total Girl, YES!, Hi, Inside Showbiz, Star Studio and other leading magazines in the country. In the September 2006 issue of Candy, Sam was announced as Candy Cuties’ Number One Cutie.
Furthermore, Sam has achieved many other things such as Entertainment Konek's Male Crush ng Bayan awardee, KOTFA's "Best Folklore Performance Award" along with the Playshop kids, and Youth Ambassador for Education and the Arts in the Third District of Manila.
Currently, Sam is a YSpeak host and dubs the voice in Beck, an anime musical TV show, as the voice of the main character Koyuki. He also starred in the ABS-CBN superserye Super Inggo as Boi Bawang, one of the main characters. He also starred in Walang Kapalit as the young Piolo Pascual. His debut album is said to be slated for release later this year (June).
- Entertainment Konek's Male Crush ng Bayan awardee (December 2005)
- Little Big Star Brightest Star (April 8, 2006)
- KOTFA's "Best Folklore Performance Award" along with the Playshop kids (KOTFA is a World Travel Fair held in Korea last June 5-12, 2006)
- Bogen Imaging Film and Video Shorts's 1st place for the film "Miko" where Sam played as the title character Miko (Filmfest held in New York (June 5, 2006)
- Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards "Pinoy Wannabe" awardee (July 8, 2006)
- APEC Business Advisory Council Gala Opening performance where Sam sang in front of the President and top Business Delegates from other countries (August 12, 2006)
- Candy's No. 1 Celeb Cutie for 2006 (September 2006)
- 20th KBP Golden Dove Awards Best Variety Program for "Little Big Star" (2006)
- CREBA's Filipino World Champion Artist Awardee (December 14, 2006)
- 2006 K-zone Award's "Best Male Singer of the Year" (January 2007)
- 2006 CandyRap Award's "Supreme Teen - Favorite Teen Star" (March 2007)
- 2007 Pinoy Celebopedia's Top 81 of 100 Most Powerful Local Celebrities (March 2007)
- Vaudeville Award to the HSM Cast from German Moreno (July 2007)
- Candy's No. 1 Celeb Cutie for 2007 (September 2007)
- Youth Ambassador for Education and the Arts in the Third District of Manila (Present)
- Department of Education’s Youth Role Model and Spokesperson (September 2007 - Present)
- 18th Aliw Award's nominee for "Best Child Performer" (July 2005)
- 19th Aliw Award's nominee for "Best New Male Artist" (August 2006)
- Yes Award's nominee for "Next Male Superstar" (September 2006)
- Pinoyexchange.com Best of 2006's nominee for "Fave Male Local Celebrity" (January 2007)
(Artist)Date of releaseTrack ListingNotesDunkin Donuts
Christmas AlbumDecember 2004
Love is for Singing
VCD of music videosLittle Big Star
(Little Big Star Finalists)May 2006
Track 10. Tara Tena - Sam Concepcion2 separate Discs
Disc One: Audio CD
Disc Two: VCD with music videos
(Sam, Makisig, Kyle, Micah, Charice & other LBS Finalists)May 2006
Track 1. Awit ng Kabutihang Asal - LBS Finalists
Track 4. Laging May Paraan - Sam Concepcion
Track 7. Sana - LBS Finalists
(music videos with lesson-filled stories in between)Sam Concepcion
(Debut Album)September 2007
01 Even If
03 I’ll Find Your Heart
04 Stay The Same
05 Hanggang Tingin
06 Wishing You’ll Be Mine
07 Kay Dali
08 Paano Na
09 Walang Hanggan
10 Da Doo Ron Ron
11 Come Everybody
Carrier single: Even If & Happy Film
- Shake, Rattle & Roll 9 (December 2007)
- Miko (2005) as Miko
A.S.T.I.G - All Set To Imitate Godas himselfReligion;Youth
2004Whackedas himselfVariety;Fun;YouthNickelodeon PhilippinesMusicals or plays
- High School Musical On Stage! as Troy Bolton in Meralco Theatre by Stages and Trumpets Playshop Productions (June 23-July 22)
- Philstar Event as a paperboy (July 2006)
- Ryan Cayabyab @ 50 as the young Ryan Cayabyab (October 2004)
- Ragnarok (2004)
- Song of Mulan as the Little Lion and narrator of the story (Aug 2003)
- Peter Pan and the Time Machine as Wendell (December 2004)
- Mr. Noah’s Big Boat as the voice of Japeth, the youngest son of Noah (August 2004)
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe as Edmund Pevensie (August 2002)
- First Name as Noah (May 2002)
- Sino Ka Ba Jose Rizal? as the young national hero (February 2002)
- SUPER INGGO 1
- Walang Kapalit
- ABS-CBN Christmas Special 2005
- Wazzup Wazzup
- Gawad Geny Lopez Awards 2006
- Box Office Awards 2006
- Star Awards 2006
- ABS-CBN Christmas Special 2006
- TV Patrol World
- Your Song
- ABS-CBN Christmas Special 2007
- Rated K
- Master Showman